Facebook alternative allegedly being supported by anonymous

Anonymous is supposedly supporting a facebook alternative called minds.com. You can find the site here. It apparently supports end-to-end encryption and doesn't data mine like facebook.

How do they support themselves?

1 Like

I don't think it's actually being built by them. The whole anonymous thing is just a bunch of bs to get clicks IMO. Still looks like an interesting site though.

Might actually give it a try.

1 Like

Same. Already made an account.

ironic?

6 Likes

Just signed up lol https://www.minds.com/shredder962

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Things that make you wounder...mmmmm
Facebook satellite gets blown up....Nah....can't be related...

2 Likes

I try to keep my internet presence on the lowest possible.

2 Likes

You block any script on the site, and it's completely useless. I'll pass on this.

Also, note that 'Anonymous' is long past its 'glory days' since now the only thing they're doing is denial-of-service attacks and barely any hacks of significance.

Steven Rambam's First Law of Data Collection states:
"Any data that is being collected will eventually wind up misused"
So the whole notion that this place is going to be private is not believable indeed. With all the hacks recently, it is only a matter of time before "Minds" is hacked. I'll go with what @GamingFTW said.

2 Likes

I completely agree. All they really do now is threaten people they disagree with. Plus literally anyone can clame to be a part of their group, which makes it way too easy for people to fuck with them via impersonation.

2 Likes

I'm not even shore that the mainstream Anonymous is the original Anonymous

It isn't. The members of the original anonymous weren't "hacktivists", they were basically just a bunch of /b/tards trolling people.

isn't anonymous just an ideology/philosophy?

Eh, that's debatable. The hacker ethos and the anonymous movement could be justified as two seperate things, despite being closely related IMO.

agreed,
which of either owns the YouTube channel

1 Like

That's the thing, the people running that channel can't really prove they're actually legitimate in them being a part of the movement, which is the biggest nail in it's coffin.

and if they did that would defeat the purpose of anonymity

Exactly