ExpressVPN setup with PFSENSE Router - HELP :(

Hey Guys,

Im back at it again with some questions that I don't have enough understanding to debug.

I am in the process of trying to setup ExpressVPN in PFSENSE. I have configured all of the CA's and my client Certificate. After setting up the Client and configuring it as per the config file downloded from their website I continue to get these logs appearing in my PFSENSE.

I just need some help understanding what each stage means and a nudge in the right direction.

TIA - SrBushWookie

Disable TLS authentication unless express vpn provide you with a TLS key, and if they do then make sure you're using that and not just auto generating one.

1 Like

and this is why i use these forums - absolute legend got it routing traffic from LAN to VPN thanks mate

edit: for the record they had a pregenerated private key hidden under the manual config setup - in a downloadable .rar file under the client.key file haha

1 Like

Just FYI, the common errors you'll get on the log are TLS errors which mean there's something wrong with your TLS key so either disable TLS authentication or make sure the key is correct, and configuration mismatch which means you're trying to use a configuration which is unsupported by the server, usually the cipher or hash size, but the log will say which setting is wrong.

Warnings don't matter so much just keep an eye out for errors and you can usually narrow down what the problem is. If you are seeing warnings though you may want to try and fix them as some can compromise security.

1 Like