Experiments with dm-integrity and T10-PI on Linux

It seems to say that, but I’m a little unclear on how to achieve that since the kernel already has some support for T10-PI, at least on nvme. I’m unsure how you format the drive to get that space available for dm-integrity with no intervention from other parts of the storage stack.

I also haven’t looked into this yet.

The problem I had with T10-PI was that issuing a trim at the FS level zeroed out the checksums as well as the blocks, which caused fs-unused blocks to report as corrupt. Not sure if that’s a drive firmware issue or just a silly implementation somewhere in the kernel. also unsure if dm-integrity would fix it.

:drooling_face: I have been waiting for you, my love.

2 Likes

Let me know if you figure out how to use it.

Additional integrity related goodies:

       RAID6 devices in which one single component drive has errors can
       use the double parity in order to find out which component drive.
       The "raid6check" tool has two modes: check mode and repair mode.

       [...]
1 Like