Experience with MDD drives from goharddrive

MDD 8TB 7200RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" NAS Hard Drive - 3 Year Warranty

Curious if anyone has experience with these MDD (or MaxDigitalData) drives that seem to be “made” and sold by GoHardDrive.

Starting to get real desperate for any sort of reasonable deal in hard drives while trying to build out a SATA drive-based NAS. I understand that these are just repackaged/white-labelled used enterprise drives that have their SMART data wiped, but…….it seems like GoHardDrive has been around for a long time and they seem to honor their warranties, so yea, anyone have any good/bad experience stories related to these drives?

Appreciate any help in the search for decent deals right now.

I can’t speak to “MaxDigitalData” hard drives, other than they are probably white label refurbs that may or may not have been touched by the original manufacturer. I have bought from GoHardDrive though, and the experience was good. I bought 12x 12TB drives a while back, they were delivered quickly and packed properly. Half of them had one bad sector, but there is enough built in resiliency in the array I bought them for that I don’t particularly care. That might put some people off, but it’s my honest review. They were dirt cheap at the time and you get exactly what you pay for.

3 Likes