Exclude monitor from Eyefinity grid?

Hi All,
Been scratching my head trying to get this working tonight…

I have a quad pannel set up, 3 identical 1440p monitors bellow with an ultrawide up top as pictured bellow.

On previous Nvidia cards I was able to have the lower three displays in a surround monitor however I can not for the life of me find where to do it in the AMD Software꞉ Adrenalin software. The quick config just tries to do a 1x4 array.

What AMD wants me to use:

What i want to use

The top display is not to be part of the array (discord monitor)

Any advice on what to try next would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Details
Driver: 23.7.1
GPU RX 7900xt
Windows 11 Build 22621

Chiming in as a non-AMDGPU user so I can’t test the theory, but it looks like you need to get to the AMD Eyefinity Advanced Settings which AMD removed from Radeon settings back in 2020.

You can get to them via running the tool here: “C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\EyefinityPro.exe” per this post.

Other users on that forumscouldn’t get that working, but had success with disconnecting the one monitor during Eyefinity setup, then connecting it later on. Not sure how that retains through reboots but I’d guess there’s a separate config storing all the deets.

An Update:
Sadly the EyefinityPro exe causes a bsod with a pagefile error when I attempt to make the configuration change so that is out.

Unplugging the top monitor, making the config and then re plugging it back in unfortunately causes the system top bsod upon re connection with the same error.

ty for the update! the more googling i do just leads me to more people with the same issue T.T

You could update your Adrenaline to the most recent to see if that changes the available settings. 23.7.1 is a few minor versions behind the most recent 23.12.1. should have started there, my bad

This person had issues with the physical ports not being DisplayPort, causing the driver to BSOD. Could i ask what ports you’re using in your setup?

Just as a recommendation, the linked post mentions using DisplayDriverUninstaller after having set up an Eyefinity configuration that doesn’t work correctly as to remove the busted config (AMD settings doesn’t always reset the config if it BSOD’d). It might be worth tearing the drivers out with DDU after trying to use the EyefinityPro exe as i mentioned above just to verify we’re back to square one with AMD and Nvidia drivers’ configs.

1 Like

Update 2
I went and got myself a 5700G in the hopes that the onboard GPU would be able to do the additional display and well… we got it!

Not the best way around it but on the bright side, my home server is going to get the hand me down CPU.

2 Likes

Was using a mix of DP and HDMI as the gpu has 2 of each