Ex- Chef(and still part time Line Cook) AMA

Microwave is an option

Sorry, it's been a busy weekend!

My wife usually eats lunch at work; here are some of the things we make (roughly, I'm sharing linked recipes for the sake of time.)

All of these things can be made in bigger batches, require little skill, input time and be eaten a few times a week, and still taste good. If you're on a tight budget, tailor the recipes to your financial situation. For instance, sub a good hot sauce for recipes like the chicken fajitas (Skip the honey, jalapenos, lime, and yogurt.)

Chicken\Steak\Pork Fajitas:

Sub broiled steak, or baked pork for variety.

Chicken Stir-Fry

Hot-Wings

We also do a lot of burgers, pork steaks/chops, slow cooked, pulled pork/beef sandwhiches and big pot things like Pork and Beans, or Dirty Rice w/ Ground Beef, etc.

All super quick, super easy, tasty and last long.

If you're going to be making burgers for a few days, make sure to slightly under-cook them, so when you mic them at work, they don't dry out... a lot of people make that mistake!

Let me know if that's helpful, or if you'd like more recipe ideas. We do all these things, and things like them and it works for us.

A few things to note:
*Avoid things with noodles - and if you must, always keep noodles slightly under-cooked and separate from the sauce, so that when you reheat it, you don't get mush.
*Rice is something easy to make in large batches and makes a great addition to almost anything.
(http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-rice-on-the-stove-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-44333)

1 Like

What is your favorite type of cuisine? Favorite dish to cook, and eat?

I'm a sucker for Seafood Paella, Shepard's Pie, and Gratin. Any great recipes to share?