EVGA SR3 not posting

help! urgent! I just bought an EVGA SR3 motherboard to go with my intel 3235 and is fully compatible with the original bios. The motherboard supports 3 bios and none of them will post with this CPU. I took the CPU out of the motherboard and tried flashing again and got an error E3.

When i try booting the error code stays at 00

What do i do? ive never had a compute not work.

If you have a video card installed, try without it and just the motherboards onboard one and see if it works

That or switch to Bios 2 and updated it to 1.06

Also try new CMOS battery

Ive tried without anything installed but a USB to flash bios and it still says 00 with no post.

when you take the video card there is no HDMI or display port on the motherboard

I replaced the CMOS battery with 3 different batteries, none make a difference, same 00 CODE with no post i can post pictures or videos if that willl help

Since there not a post i tried updating bios to latest 1.06 through USB but it doesn’t work, the light counts down from 4,3,2,1… and then the power button flashes RED three times and it posts the E3 error code, which tells me its not updating the bios and i dont know what im doing wrong

Did you do it this way just to follow up

https://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3212163&p=1

Mine loves to eat cmos batteries. Replace the coin cell

He can’t post so I don’t think he used the windows method

Please make sure USB is the correct format and you have renamed the bios file

The link above shows windows and bios option. Name of bios file if I remember matters yes

Which file do I rename? The 1.06 update has 3 files that download…

1e999106.bin

(A folder named) FPTWIN

Update.bat

ive moved all these files to a 32gb flash drive which has been flashed to Fat32. I drag and drop the files. I safely unplug the USB from my other computer and plug into the SPI header in step 2 of bios flashing.

the motherboard has power.

I hold the reset button down and it begins to count 4…3…2…1… and it starts doing a little blinking… then the power button blinks red three times and the computer shows me the error.

.bin or folder needs to have the name change possibly. Your manual for the motherboard would have all the information you need.

If this is over your head then get a tech to do it. When I had to update my brother in law’s bios after building his new computer I had to go through the manual, find how it’s done on the board and then wait. If I remember it took about 1/2 hour to do just to ensure it applied correctly.

post some pics of your setup… mine was really picky about coin cells and iirc needed at least 2 maybe 3 cpu-style 12v connections

When did you release the reset button
It just needs the renamed bin file, no folder

This board only requires two CPU connectors be connected to the motherboard and the Manuel says it doesn’t matter which of the four you populate.

For reference I’m using the Rev 1.0A version of this board EVGA SR-3 and I know the ASUS version of this board had a 00 error like mine which fantastically failed and showed up in one of Level1s Youtube videos. Not sure if the two are somehow related but its the same error

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.