EVGA SR3 Dark, 3175X, and ASUS Hyper M.2 Gen 4 Card

Hello I’m hoping someone can help me.

I’ve been tinkering with this SR3 Dark and 3175X Combo now for a couple weeks and the onboard nvme drives are working flawlessly. I got myself an early Christmas present with the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Gen 4 Card and four Solidigm 2TB P44 Pro drives to go with it.

If I enable PCIE Card(Non-VROC) I can get two of the four drives to show up in bios(all four are showing as being present with the onboard LEDs of the Hyper card).

If I don’t enable the PCIE card selection in BIOS, it never shows up more than one nvme drive.

I don’t currently have a VROC key as I was hoping to avoid using one, but if that is what it’ll take for me to have all four drives enabled, then I’ll purchase one promptly.

I have tried the card in slots 3/4/5/6 and all show the same story. PCIE also never shows above x4 wherever the card is installed.

Thank you for any insight into this, sorry for the noobish questions, this is just my first foray into nvme raid.

You need to set the bifurcation to 4x4x4x4x

I looked and looked in the latest bios from EVGA and did not find an option for bifurcation. Will dig again

Also might be worth to update to latest bios
Also make sure the slot is electrically 16x not just physical 16x electrical 8x

Currently have the card in slot four, which should be plenty of lanes for my what I’d like to accomplish. Don’t see a bifurcation option in the EVGA bios.

Even with VROC enabled, I still only see two drives and it just shows me not compatible

So I swapped the ASUS card into slot 1 and it seems to work fine and all four drives show up

might be the fact its sharing resources with the 10GB lan port

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.