Every homeowner should have a camera system (I got robbed)

I like that you put him on youtube. Like @SoulFallen said, this type of crime is going to get worse. I bet with that camera system, you could put a computer box filled with rocks on your porch with an alarm hooked up to it. Post all videos of attempted theft to your tube account, and it would rival all the retarded "reaction" lets-plays on youtube.

1 Like

1) Get block of lead
2) put block into PC-Box
3) Wait

3 Likes

Heh. That's worse than super gluing a quarter to the sidewalk.

hmmm I might have to do this. It also might be interesting to get POE surveillance cameras, just for administration purposes. You can setup vlans on your switch and program a server to maintain monthly backups.

Seems like a neat project.

Would be a hassle for me though because I rent and I don't think I can drill into the house. I'd have to run some pvc piping through one of my windows or door, to my switch.

Most of the time you don't even need a real security camera system, just a couple of dummies to ward of majority of potential burglars. At least until you can afford to replace at least one dummy with a real camera. Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0095RE0K0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1/276-1824264-3469607?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=1K1P7MSQD8GW9YY14WSD&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_i=B001AVZ7J2

Hey, it's better than nothing.

Dummies on the outside, live feed to twitch on the inside?

1 Like

I was planning on putting a box of lead out there and watch him fall on his ass trying to lift it

I have at least my weight in lead out in my garage

3 Likes

I wish there is an even more dense object that weights 80kgs, yet it's as small as a rolled up PJ.

neutron star /s

I'm sure they'll find it a fucking great story. Robbing someone of their PJs from their grandma... roflmao

1 Like

News van gonna be here at 10am

2 Likes

If you mention Tek Syndicate in your interview and it gets on TV I'll buy you a shit game on steam.

2 Likes

I'm not going on tv fuck that

1 Like
3 Likes

9 Likes

hah that's good stuff

Rip that guy

1 Like

I'm just glad he didn't snag the motherboard I sent you lol

1 Like

I have a surveillance system at my house and I have helped half my friends put together a system for themselves. A month after my friend installed his camera he had a package taken from his porch. My Friend posted the photos on the local news watch facebook page. Within an hour of that post, people commented: my friend had a name of the man who took the package, the name of the woman with him and the guys address. In the end he got the package back and the police didn't have to work very hard. The best part was shortly the guy was named online he took all his photos down on his facebook and removed all the information on his page. He knew he has been caught and didn't know what else to do.