Ever try swapping Soundtracks for Oblivion & Skyrim? (Elder Scrolls Music Appreciation)

Hehe… I was just wondering. I played Oblivion again for a bit the other day. And the Peace of Akatosh track played during what I would only call an “Elder Scrolls moment”. These games are a work of art. And i’m sure everyone knows what i’m talking about. Those moments where it’s just you and the game; you and the landscape to be more exact.

Some tracks like Auriel’s Ascension almost have a feel that’s exclusive and only belongs in Cyrodiil.

Peace of Akatosh just blows my mind. Especially when the choir finally changes around the 3.5 minute mark to end the track.

Some tracks - especially combat tracks, i could totally see working in Skyrim.

Damn, these games are beautiful. And of course?

How can I forget Dawn, from Skyrim? Great track. Kind of like that choir change in the Oblivion track, the lower octaves or, err. Idk. I don’t know musical terminology. Once things get a little more tense. This track has it all. Atmosphere that the game deserves for how beautiful it is. Some mystery. And definitely a little tension once those violins pick up. I was GOING to add my favourite ambient music from Skyrim to this list. But this track HAS NO NAME! It’s the track with the lutes. You’ll know it when you hear it… :grinning:

Two tracks that I feel both games could share. Especially the former with the latter (newer) game.

What do you think?

1 Like

I just enjoy the Soule brothers work in general. Great soundtracks each and every one. Alas sadly their own business of self publishing those OST’s has not gone too well, a lot of people online have reported ordering but never receiving the disks.

Wait… WHA?!

I wonder what the other one works on.

BROTHERS?

Yeah, Jeremy is the better known one though.

1 Like

Julian. Oh, well. I wasn’t aware. Neat.