Essential Android Apps for f(x) tec Pro1?

Doing the Pro1 review. What are some Android apps that would be killer with a hardware keyboard?

Old gaming console/handhelds emulation?

Linux CLI Launcher just for fun or Linux Deploy if it’s needed in a pinch to access software that’s not available for Android.

1 Like

Word processing using MS Office mobile and the Google Docs applications.\

Maybe a VNC client as well as a terminal application to SSH into other *nix like systems.

Also Linux Deploy as mentioned.

Obviously Termux, maybe UserLAnd. I would like to see how the keyboard is detected by Tasker.
Also obviously, somekind of chat app, i only use sms, but the typing feel is important)

Kodi, i’m wondering how the “old” cpu deal with decoding h265 mkv with high bit rate, using the keyboard as a stand durring train/plane travel is interesting.

I’m wondering if it have the hardware acceleration to run WireGuard 24/7 without draining the battery.

can you also run VTS ? With the small team behind i don’t expect the device to get quick security update for now…

2 Likes

Termux for sure. Mainly I wanna know if you can type just by feel. If I still have to look, a bigger screen would be just as useful if not more.

1 Like