Error: attempt to read or write outside of partition

I am using linux mint

I left the computer as a 3rd night running ddrescue doing a cloning disk to disk.

When i got up this morning just the terminal was running but anything else had dissapeared… the desktop and bars had dissapeared so i could work or do anything (i dont really now how to you the terminal much i use xwindows for linux mint even to install programs) . So I closed the terminal and switched off the laptop manually since i knew i could continue ddrescue with the log file!!

I disconnected the 2 disks i had attached and I restarted the computer… this is what I got

error: attempt to read or write outside of partition
Entering rescue mode…
grub rescue>

what do I do now? take into the account i do not have another computer and i have a lot information in there since i emptied my new disk to clone the old disk in my laptop… info that i dont want to loose!!

I have tried this

grub rescue > ls (hd0,msdos5)/ # this is root and bootloader of linux
grub rescue > set root=(hd0,msdos5)
grub rescue > set prefix=(hd0,msdos5

but when I do

Grub rescue> ls /boot says error: attempt to read or write outside of partition as well if I do
Grub rescue> ls /home gives the same error but

I can do fine:
Grub rescue> ls /media or ls /root or ls /lib

I have tried

grub rescue > insmod normal but it says the sames
error: attempt to read or write outside of partition

what can i do??

Thanks in advance

This was really unlucky.

Boot your laptop using some Linux distribution live cd/usb. You should be able to see you partitions, and hopefully you should be able to copy your files.

How do I do linux usb live?

Check the ubuntu tutorial. https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0