Epyc milan overclocking

I recently started using an epyc milan 7713p. My experience with cTDP adjusted to 240w resulted in about 7% increase in CPU-Z score.

I was wondering if anyone tried beyond 240w (or AMD’s recommended TDP) for a milan CPU. If so, please share details on what options you changed in BIOS, I am just curious to see if my tyan s8030 is capable of pushing higher watts.

Last, I read online that only ES milan CPUs are unlocked for overclocking. So, I am curious if anyone managed to push a regular consumer epyc milan beyond AMD’s cTDP numbers.

Thanks

You can blanket set the cTDP to 280, the chips themselves have their TDP limit fused in, and simply won’t exceed it.

According to this the max cTDP for the 7713p is 240w (“AMD Configurable TDP (cTDP) 225-240W”), so setting it higher in the bios won’t change anything.

As far as overclocking goes, the best you’ll really be able to find is that some ASUS server boards have an increased number of options that can be set for things like ram frequency and timings, and specialized tunings for advanced types of performance concerns.

Did you find out anything that works? Interested to try this myself.
Ideally an approach mostly independent of the motherboard manufacturer.

Nothing beyond the cTDP adjustment on my motherboard. But that’s a ~7% improvement. I’m using a custom loop too with dual 480mm rads. So, that would help keep temps nice and CPU performance unhindered by heat.

Haven’t seen anything online about this topic.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.