Epiphan Webcaster X1: Youtube Streaming Appliance -- Stream without a Computer! | Level One Techs

We're just big goofballs -- this device will live stream whenever it is turned on. It does that one function very well. It could be a great asset during a live event, or for a super awesome mobile streaming setup that is higher quality than periscope.

This may be useful for us to live stream from locations e.g. trip to Computex. Would also be good for installations that offer live streaming like a band or a classroom.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/epiphan-webcaster-x1-youtube-streaming-appliance-stream-without-computer
5 Likes

My first reaction for a use for something like this is outdoor broadcasting. So events and things, where there is already a tonne to manage and so simplifying streaming would be a super useful thing.

1 Like

Damn! Tried to find dat hot babe Harley but she gave you a fake twitter name.
#sad

Seriously though, that was pretty funny.

Something like this could be great for animal watching such as birds/bees. I was watching @Bee_Syndicate's Bee Cam when he had it up a while back and it was very interesting.

Fantastic video. People will want to see some of those characters pop up again some day.

About the product; apart from neat functions like portable/traveling equipment, I just can't stop thinking of all the people that should probably not be enabled to so easily broadcast themselves. Think: a hundred Pewdiepies that also are actual nazis. :wink:

For everybody

6 Likes

We've all been there.

Thanks for the JIFs.

First off those stereo types were funny and painful.
The device it's self is neat but it's very niche i think any large event is going to use a PC so they can mix in outer things.

With Chaturbate patch this device could be the best solution for quickly selling some vagina.

1 Like

I just realized this looks like something from /r/wheredidthesodago/

"Tired of desks that can't support your technology needs?"

Videos like this is where Level1Techs will shine in the Youtube tech space. That skit was comedy GOLD.

more, more, more!

Yay now i can stream my aquarium 24/7 without hassle.

jokes aside whats another use than a static enclosure stream

This video is so cringe worthy and that's what makes it the best.

I literally sent this subreddit to our editor for "research" lolol

1 Like

I laughed a little bit to much at that...

2 Likes

The characters in this video must be kept alive for various, funny content in the future. Some parts reminded me of scene's from the old series "a bit of Fry and Laurie" shown by the BBC.
the only use for this device seems to be streaming events that have a group of followers dedicated to that event but able to be their in person, i.e. lan party on top of a hill or watching a animal in the zoo at night.
Or it's heaven for people that think the world "needs" to see them 24/7
still, if products get a review like this one got on level1techs it will put everything in perspective

the canned yoohoo killed me and i have no idea why

Oh my.

The M’lady and Brony stuff was great. I know one too many fanfiction writers that are like that.

Also, RIP trashputer on unstable desk.

As to the thing itself… meh… a Laptop with an Nvidia GPU, OBS and a Blackmagic Thunderbolt capture device serve me better.