Engenius EWS377AP strange behaviour

I have 2 APs - both Engenius EWS377AP. Recently I had issues connecting my work laptop, so started investigating my network. The AP in question only has the power LED on (no Wired or wireless data indications). I cannot access the web interface, and the router has not assigned an IP address to the AP. All pointers to an issue with the AP, so I reboot. No change.

Strangely, another laptop works fine with this AP on the same SSID, and a second SSID for all my IoT works fine as well.

Anyone had experience with this kind of strangeness? I’ll reset next (and maybe reconfigure?) but I am seeking the wisdom of the forums as I would need to put in place an alternative. I intend to add more resilience on the wifi, but if there is a quick fix for this it will make those changes easier!

Are you using VLANs for the different SSIDs? What are the APs connected to and what is handling the VLANs and routing?

I’ve experienced issues before were devices end up in a zombie sort of state. Parts of it work but others don’t and it won’t accept changes. Sometimes unplugging it and letting the caps drain fixes the issue, but sometimes you have to do a full reset.

The connection to the web is via VLAN as well as the SSIDs, and that was where my mind wandered today while I was at work. I thought I had saved the config, but typically I c an’t find it. Looks like a rebuild :frowning:

Any experience of config styles to minimise the chance of it happening again?

No, sorry. I haven’t had a chance to set up the APs and FitCon I picked up from the holiday sale yet. It’s next on my todo list once I finish getting my u.2 drive sorted out.

It’s all Wendell’s fault for giving me too many ideas. :smiley: