[Ended] What would you do with a TerraMaster NAS?

Like others I would like a place to actually backup my computer as well as things like family photos.

2 Likes

Build an archive of open source built binaries for my community :smiley:

1 Like

I would use it to host a local Minecraft server!

1 Like

I would use this as off site storage to replace my AWS backups to a friends home. Closer less fees for recovery.

Would need to determine the best way to do that from my current synology nas. Not sure if it would require a different linux os or other trickery. But that is half the fun.

1 Like

Run local backups for my family with light media for them.

1 Like

I would use it as an offsite backup for my homelab.

1 Like

I would use it to store my recordings of surveillance here in North Korea. (No London;)

1 Like

I’ve got a jellyfin server that’s got drives sat everywhere - some aren’t even in the case…

The data is dotted around between all the drives and no raid.

I’d probably… not do that and do it properly…

1 Like

If Patch of exile attracted you like me, I recommend that you stock up on poe items. Poe items will allow you to get even more involved in the game and make your gameplay more fun. Buy poe items on a page that I have checked and is reliable. If you want your opponents not to be afraid of you, buy poe items

1 Like

I want to add a seperated data storage from my server so this nas will be a a great update for me because tbh I can’t afford a nas and having this will be a upgrade to my home lab and this will onlock many opportunities for me to test out new stuff in my homelab

1 Like

I’d finally backup my family’s computers and setup a media server.

1 Like

My wife loves taking pictures and takes good ones. I’d use this NAS to store her literally thousands of photos. Thanks!

2 Likes

I would backup my data, and probably stop using an old laptop for various server related things.

1 Like

Probably would use it for media storage until I can familiarize myself with the platform and decide on the level of trust I have for them.

Also wondering if they’re related to Cooler Master? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Build a second NAS for data hoarding (…heeelp!.. :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Low power backup nas with truenas core & raidz2.

1 Like

Upgrade my HP N40L (XPEnology) - and hope I can finally create some VMs :wink:

1 Like

Since Google photos is ending their free unlimited backups next year, I would use this as a backup for photos for my parents and adult siblings. It would be my first experience with a NAS, that would be cool.

1 Like

I would use it as my first PC or to build as my first PC.

1 Like

Currently upgrading my TrueNAS from 4x8TB and 4x 4TB (both in raidz1) to 8x 8TB in raidz2.

that leaves me with 4x 4TB

I would give this to my brother, along with the 4TB drives and set up a storage server for him and his family, as well as sort of an off-site backup for my own most important stuff, like family pictures/videos :slight_smile:

1 Like