Encrypting all network traffic

VPNs might be blocked here, it's not confirmed yet, but I already use a VPN on both my android and my computer.
I'm not sure a proxy would work as they block all traffic from said services from going through the main "ports" that feeds the nation. As I understand, a proxy would only hide the data in my local network.

This is what I am referring to,
be sure to test it, with something like what's my ip, to make sure your traffic is tunneled.

This will hide all of your browser activity.

Well, as I originally stated, what you are asking for is the ability to speak gibberish to the internet, and have everyone understand you.

What you are asking for, a "encrypt everything" means Nobody can read it without a common key, which if it was common, it would defeat the purpose.

it has to be decrypted somewhere.

If you want to create an encrypted tunnel to the outside world, you can create your own encrypted tunnel to a remote server. If you have control over both ends of the communication you can use whatever port you want.

as long as they are not doing deep packet inspection to block traffic, you should be ok.

1 Like

Yeah I understand. Thanks Qain.

I don't wanna hide it as much as I wanna unblock certain programs and apps such as Skype. However, I might use this just for the added protection.
Thanks a lot man.

EDIT: I read the post, this should work for unblocking some websites but it's not a final solution. Thanks though

Is it possible to recognize encrypted traffic as specifically VPN traffic? If not, how would they go about banning them?

Care to elaborate on your point?

Yes, deep packet inspection would show that while the contents of the packet are encrypted, the envelope still needs to be in a readable format. So routers and such know where to send the packet. As such, you see that it's A: encrypted, and B: what protocol it is. Which is enough to say.. NOPE.

1 Like

From what I understand, they'll just block the IPs from major VPNs.

My point is that TOR will slow down my network to a crawl.

In that case you could rent a VPS somewhere and make your own VPN.

2 Likes

I have never had problems with internet speeds through TOR. Then again, I have FIOS. In school I use betternet as a chrome extension. If you can get betternet working, you can use your relatively free internet to download other programs you need. I recommend going with OVPN, and a file from vpngate

Once that is started, check network speeds through TOR, if those are still slow, test another VPN from vpngate.

Once your traffic is travelling at a decent speed, check for anonymity and country location.

Yahoo.com and Google.com change upon what country your traffic is coming through.

As for using Skype, you should be able to use it through the powers of OVPN.

If not, outlook.com has a web plugin from microsoft to allow you to use Skype in browser.

If all of the above fail, rent a Server and make your own VPN OR you can move.

Best of luck

Yeah moving is on my to-do list.
I really appreciate all that man. I'll try these out, if not, then a private server will be my last resort.

1 Like