Emulation Vs Modded Consoles/FlashCarts

What are your thoughts on emulation Vs Modded consoles and flashcarts?

Personally I prefer having a modded console. I have a chipped ps2, a hdd loading ps2, a chipped ps1, a soft modded psp, a soft modded Xbox, and a flash cart for my ds lite. Im working on getting a CFW ps3 and a modded Xbox 360. 

In terms of compatibility mods usually have more then emulation.

What do you think about the future of retro gaming?

Inevitably I believe that emulation will have to be the way to go as parts and consoles get more and more rare, for example when trying to find a gba flashcart it was very difficult and even finding some consoles is difficult. Emulation just isnt there fully for all consoles and I dont enjoy playing on emulators as much.

Well Emulation depending on the console has been getting more and more easier from what it seems now, cause console manufacturers keep trying to make it as close to a PC as Possible.

In your case having all those Modified consoles the best way i would describe your situation i don't think it is convenient. i would probably just build a Small HTPC with a 750ti and Emulate all those consoles in one package. i wouldn't say it is not here yet but it is difficult to ship out an emulator quickly. i think after 5 years we'll see Legit Xbox 360 Emulators and Legit PS3 Emulators pop up.