Elgato Facecam working only on first use

Running on Manjaro 23.1.0 on Gnome 45. The elgato face cam I got runs prefectly fine in the first piece of software I use to capture the video source. The the moment that software stops running it softlocks the webcam, preventing anything else using the video source. I tested on windows and this issue was not present there.
The fix currently is to unplug and replugin the webcam. Does this behavior sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you for your time!

Is the webcam connected directly or through a USB hub?

I have had issues with webcams on USB-hubs not showing up in Linux when the hub is connected as a whole with devices plugged in.

In the same vein, try plugging it directly on the rear IO ports instead of the front PC case port.

Recently read something about Wayland having some bullshit that keeps that from working. If I remember, I’ll post a link later.

I had the same issue myself, but weirdly, though a usb3 hub it works fine

Oh, I read (skimmed) too fast.

Thematically, to voicemeeter locking up when an audio device it’s using gets disconnected, or windows fumbling the USB card the mic is plugged into. That’s not exactly helpful to you though.

I wanted to that you all for your replies. After plenty of head bashing against closet wall. I just went and installed Fedora, I’ve been meaning to for a while and this was just a good reason to. Fedora interfaces with the camera just fine. No idea why it is different but I am happy.

I believe that is due to the bandwidth or power the camera is asking for. I noticed when I tired a USB2 port it threw even worse of a fit. Its a picky camera, but it looks good!