EFI commands (ryzen system)

I’m hoping to find info that will allow me to stub UEFI setup of curtain devices at a specific time (specific time before windows is even involved). EFI commands I’ve tried on a Xeon system, do nothing. Trying to game on a Tesla M40 which supposedly requires pure UEFI mode (CSM disabled), and 4GB decoding of course. But I got it installed (with no device manager errors like “code 10”) by fluke once while my output GPU was an HD6770. The HD6770 does not output to display with CSM enabled (when I try the bios auto enables CSM, hate that; just stop doing anything with it and hand everything off to windows). Can’t get it to happen again. I tried getting it to boot without CSM the lazy way of getting the BIOS/UEFI to ignore the 6770… unplugging the PSU from it, then booting. I just wanted to check device manager logs after next reboot to see if it was set up while I couldn’t see windows. I can’t explain why it worked, because I had a black screen until plugging power back in. I can only speculate that it was a fluke perfect timing of plugging things in to bypass a check the UEFI does.

Did you know? Apparently there’s a Vesa spec for frame buffer setup. Imagine injecting an option ROM that the system treats as UEFI and is just the Vesa stuff wrapped in some UEFI compatibility crap. Single display only, but oh well.

1 Like

Looks like the main thing that would help, would be enabling headless boot. Just wouldn’t see UEFI POST screen; would just be black screens until windows loaded GPU drivers.