EF-M Lens for distant video

I have a Canon M50 I’m using for video/streaming. The camera is about 53 feet from the subject (+/- 3 feet) and the area I’d like to have in view is ~17.5ft wide by ~12ft high. I currently have the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM so even at maximum zoom I have to crop the video in OBS. This adds a bit of CPU usage I’d like to avoid if possible.

I found this page: https://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm About 3/4 down the page there is a calculator called Dimensional Field of View Calculator. If I understand it correctly a 68mm lens would be ideal for the area I want to have in view.

I’ve found 3 lenses that I’m considering:

The Sigma lens would still require a crop according to the tawbaware calculator, but is highly rated and would allow for low ISO & high shutter speed. I’m unsure how well the Canon lenses would do with video having higher f-stops. The lens I have is acceptable I guess, but the shutter speed is 1/40 and ISO is near 1000 at f/6.3

Does anyone know of other lenses I should consider? Which lens would you choose for best video quality?

Bump.

I ended up buying the Canon EOS M Mount Adapter and the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon EOS Cameras. I’m able to frame the scene as desired and the image is pretty good :+1: