EEATX case

Any advices here? Looking for an EEATX case (preferably a tower) for my H8QME-2 motherboard, but haven’t found any cases I know for sure works. Needs a 16" x 13" EEATX case according to Supermicro.

EDIT : nevermind, I was working off the official size of EEATX (13.68 x 13), apparently Supermicro made theirs higher than that.

The HAF X might fit … if you modify the position of several of the standoffs and relocate the PSU (either bolt it to the outside of the case or move it to the 5.25" bays)

Inwin 707 fit my supermicro board.

Youre going to need a rackmount case for yours or get a different board.

Would you mind using an older case?
Some of the larger tower cases i know are older models from Casetek (this includes the Thermaltake Xaser line), Chieftec, Chenbro and Chenming.
I just happen to have a Casetek CK1018 EEATX case sitting under my desk for a future project, so i could measure it up for you, unfortunately its not tall enough, but there are some taller models.

If these don’t work, i think the only kind of case you’re going to find for this motherboard is a rack mounted one.

I’m not sure if this would fit EEATX but when I did my dual Xeon build a few years ago I went with this case and it had a good amount of extra room. You might be able to make it work. https://www.rosewill.com/product/atx-full-tower-gaming-pc-computer-case-eatx-support-dual-psu-support-optional-360mm-water-cooling-radiator-up-to-7-fan-support-rise/

I love how clean this looks despite the age (I can see 3.5" floppy bays). Must be heavy AF. They make them real good and sturdy back then. No visible rusts too

1 Like

It has a bit of a story this one, it was built in 2006 and never opened up to last year, 12 years perfectly preserved.
I had my second Ryzen system on it but i decided to change the case for that system and keep this one for a future retro build to run older games with Windows XP.

Nah, got one case that would fit already, but that one’s already running a different setup

Oldest cases in production in my home is a maxi tower from '96 and a midi tower from '94 - age is just a number :wink:

Looks great - will have to see if there are any local suppliers.

1 Like

Deepcool D shield v2 and E shield
Are the same frame from the looks of it and the d fits EEatx.
Have a sm x10drc ln4+ in it.

You need to do some custom standoffs though and about 2 can’t be done.

Seriously cheap case, so probably worth buying anyways, whether there’s room or not, but it doesn’t say EEATX/EATX on the specs?

no it doesn’t officially support it. I mean you won’t find any “cheap” case that officially supports such Form-factors, especially since Supermicro doesn’t adhere to the ATX mounting standard.

So you will need to drill and tap your own mounting for sure.

In case you can’t do that, tough luck.

If you can, the only question is if the board physically fits into the case.
And i can tell you, my SM X10DRC LN4+ does fit with two holes floating in the air.

On the Quality side, the case is made from cheap and thin steel, and the front panel is shit. Airflow is shit.
You get what you pay for.
But it fits those boards and could be way worse.

It is sadly a bit to wide to be able to fit it into a 19" Rack, but a 23" Telco Rack would work fine, so someone could mod it into a cheap 23" 4.5 U Rack chassis.

1 Like

I’ll take my chances then :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.