EDID problems with a Phillips 558M1RY/00

First time poster here. I hope this is in the appropriate section.

I have a Phillips 558M1RY/00 Monitor, which in theory can do 4k@120FPS over DP. Sadly it doesn’t actually work on my linux box.

When booting up the machine the only resulution available for the Screen is 640/480.

Looking into dmesg I can see the following:

[ 6.585639] [drm:retrieve_link_cap [amdgpu]] *ERROR* retrieve_link_cap: Read receiver caps dpcd data failed.

and

[ 108.432200] [drm:retrieve_link_cap [amdgpu]] *ERROR* retrieve_link_cap: Read extend caps data failed, use cap from dpcd 0.

[ 108.618410] [drm:retrieve_link_cap [amdgpu]] *ERROR* retrieve_link_cap: Read DPRX caps data failed.

[ 109.067738] [drm:detect_link_and_local_sink [amdgpu]] *ERROR* No EDID read.

Things i’ve already tried:

Using the EDID from the screen I got from another PC, by using the kernel parameter drm.edid_firmware=DP-1.

Result: No change.

Using (and/or generating) a EDID from github(dot)com/akatrevorjay/edid-generator by using the kernel parameter drm.edid_firmware=DP-1.

Result: No change.

Using the amdgpu.dc=0 kernel parameter.

Result: Machine boots to a black screen.

Kernel: 5.18.10-1

MB: TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI -CF

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X (48) @ 3.800GH

GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 6900 XT

Something that DOES however work is the following:

• Booting up the machine without DP conneted, but using HDMI instead.

• Logging in

• Plugging DP in

• Switching the input source of the monitor to use DP

• Success.

I dont want to use HDMI, since I dont get the full resolution/refresh rate as I would with DP.

I did try a few different Kernels just to make sure, but no success so far.

Maybe I could use some sort of KVM switch to automate the process, but I would prefer not to spend 300-400 Bucks on a Displayport KVM switch just as a shot in the dark.

Any Input on this?