EDC (Every Day Carry) Belt Pouch Project

No thanks.

Partially?

I start in literally 10 days, and it should be very interesting. Glad to know that someone else actually went here, almost everyone I talk to (asian people that spend way too much time trying to go to a UC school) have never heard of it...

My grandpa is a retired naval officer, so I think he wanted to do something involving the sea because of that (but didn't want to join the navy lol). He's always talked about enjoying the cruise quite a bit. He would have been there sometime in the mid 90s though, so I don't know how much it has changed since then. He's an engineer in San Francisco now, and it seems like he got a good education there. It's an interesting school. Different experience than most universities. From what I've heard, you should enjoy it : )

But, yeah. If he hadn't gone there, I likely wouldn't have heard of it either (especially since I'm from Illinois lol). I don't think it's a very well known school, plus it's super small iirc (I've only been there once as a kid, when I went with my grandparents to visit him).

There are (dumb-) phones that are the size of a credit card and not much thicker than one (example). If you want to carry an emergency phone without losing space, you may want to look into one of those.
Personally I wouldn't use one of those for EDC because I already have my 3310 hanging on my belt, but they're great for a 72-hour or an INCH bag.

Glad to hear that. I chose the school because out of the two schools I got accepted to, the machine shop and welding shop impressed me the most.

Whoa. Nice. I might want to pick one of those up....

The carrier I'm looking at is TextNow, which requires Sprint Android (or iOS) devices. If you can suggest a decent phone to me that follows those criteria, and is rugged enough to take quite a lot of abuse without costing $150+, I'll take a serious look at it.