EDC (Every Day Carry) Belt Pouch Project

Well, I don't know what Lenovo Y40-80s cost, but I was thinking about a mobility solution. The hopefully obvious corollary would be to have a tower at home.

The test I use for first aid kits is simple: if it astounds and amazes an EMT due to it's completeness and small form factor, it's probably good. Do you know any EMTs? Obviously it's not an EMT's bag. That's huge. I don't carry a field surgery kit, for example -- though a tracheotomy can save a life with a marker, sharp knife, throwaway-type pen, and tape.

I hope it's interesting. The forum is filled with build ideas, but I think this is closer to the spirit of Tek Syndicate. (@Logan! Correct me if I'm wrong! Seriously!). How can we take our perspectives and knowledge from being tech-minded individuals, geeks and nerds, and use it to help ourselves and others?

Most people will tell you, "Oh, nothing's going to happen." The IT guy will tell you that he alone has battled and held back Armageddon in whatever small arena he may be professional in, sometimes on a daily basis.

The Y40-80 costs about 650 USD which is quite a bit for me. But is lighter, thinner and slightly smaller than my current laptop. I actually do have a desktop at home, but because my school is partially on a ship (I'm not kidding, I live on the ship for part of the year), it wasn't the most practical solution. I think I will be picking up a job this year and see if I can't fund another laptop along with some upgrades to it. I did a weigh in with all the junk I carry around + backpack, and it comes in around 12 pounds. Probably more if I need to carry some of the other junk, like textbooks and whatnot.

I don't know any EMTs, but it might be a good idea for me to get acquainted with some.

You're pulling my leg. Gotta be.

On which part? The weight? Unless my scale is wrong or I can't into numbers, nope. Fairly surprised myself, but I assume I got used to it.

Yeah, I don't carry anywhere near that much weight as my normal walking around gear. I keep all my vehicles stocked with a set or two of clothing, food, water, and tools. Medical supplies are indeed my weak spot as I just have never made kits. I keep a backpack that I keep in whichever vehicle I am currently using that has my tech and a few other things.

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/whats-your-daily-carry/67757/92?u=reallunacy

1 Like

School on a ship. What school is this? The US Naval Academy in Annapolis?

Waaaaay too many moving parts for me. Dammit, weare, I'm a prepper, not a mechanic, Jim!

1 Like

Close, California Maritime Academy.

A sailor? Then EDC is something you should be doing without thinking about it.

God I can't stand him to be honest. Especially his gun reviews. Hours of rambling about shit that doesn't even make sense. What is good for a "tactical hike" whatever the fuck that is.

Neither do I. I carry some basics that I need for the day and some basic medication as well as my firearm.

I have my cars more readily supplied and two bug out bags/backpacks ready at home for the shit hits the fan situations.

I have one of these

HTC Low Profile Rig. I quite like it. Not something I carry all the time but occasionally.

This is an excellent question. WTF IS A TACTICAL HIKE?!

Have you thought of just going with modular pouches instead of a fannypack? Easier to customize, less bulky and, um, it's not a fannypack lol.

Or, you could go with a messenger bag/sling bag. That way you can wear it basically where ever on your body you want (front, back side, high, low etc), and have the ability to quickly swing it to the front for access without it being in the way.

I have some friends that use slings as photography bags and swear by them.

My uncle went there. Having a good time on the Bear?

No clue. But apparently he goes on them all the time. Apparently it involves dressing up in full.combat gear and running around the desert with a rifle.

every time i see the 'EDC' i think electric daisy carnival and then i remember what website im on

That's not a tactical hike. It's a combat training mission.

Hell yeah I'd do it. But don't call it a tactical hike ever again.

Go! Build me an electric daisy carnival!

Please. I don't know what it is.

I've gone the pouches route. It is really quite a pain to manage and keep aware of what's in where, not forget a pouch, etc, etc.

I've also already menntioned the M-51 engineer's satchel by Rotcho, which I will swear by minus the defective closure on the one I had. However, it's too big. I don't carry a DSLR, a tablet, or a laptop on regular outings, so the satchel itself is wasteful.