Eating on $25 a week?

Multivitamins, Protein Powder and Lard.

Fats make hunger go away and lard is so much better for you than butter. I recommend the vitamins for pregnancy, there's no Female Hormones in them, they're just for pregnancy because they have extra potency.

Seriously? I got it in a five lb thing. It was like $10 (usually closer to $15, but I like sales). That disparity in prices is pretty shocking.

I know meat is expensive here even if you go straight to the butcher.

That area of the country is where most of the cattle comes from in the USA, if I'm not mistaken (the TX, OK area). I don't see why it would be more expensive over there than anywhere else in the country.

Yeah everything in general is expensive here with sales tax in some area at almost 11%, Its sometimes cheaper to drive to another state to get stuff we need. Living off of $25 a week is not possible if you want a complete nutrition. And kansas is where a lot of cattle come from.

That just doesn't make sense. The average seems to be under $5 per lb in the USA. I don't know why it is so expensive where you are.Definitely sucks.

Yeah it sucks here, even rice is expensive, about $9 for 5lbs.

I'd go for flour and corn flour... Then eggs, oats, rice, some veggies, and chicken.

1 Like

Can't find the full clip

Lol, love that show.

Jeez, that's crazy.

get an a deer, see more of them around, and they got more meat, don't waste your ammo on squirrel, those aren't that big of a target, i have been told that with some seasoning salt a squirrel on a stick is not bad

Yeah we you get into cooking you can easily spend over $40 on a meal.

Meat does not really incorporate different pricing to different places like produce. The cow could be slaughtered in my back yard or 9 states away and we would pay the same for whatever grade the cut is worth.

Deer is better for you. and there are endless uses for it if one is not too stuck up. I still have the canteen from the bladder my grandfather taught me how to make.....just dont tell anyone who drinks from it. I have a sofa cover from the hide. Donated hooves to be made into capsules.
Femurs and ribs make GREAT bone knives. in the end, a 220lb mule deer deer can net you half of that in meat alone.

we are assuming that you own a knife, and a gun, that helps with roasting and killing deer, also the public library is free and they have many books on how to butcher cows, and I would assume that they have something on deer, I wouldn't suggest stealing and killing a cow, there to heavy to haul, deer are far lighter to carry

without bambi, we would have less car accidents, and more meat to go around, at least on the east coast, you go up north for 4 hours, yeah, making bone knifes is common, it is currently elk season in Idaho and people are getting dinner right out of the woods, organic, none of all the whole foods crap

out of curiosity, what state do you live in?

Texas

wait, northern, If I'm not mistaken deer aren't common in your parts, that's more of a thing when your not in the desert, because northern texas is basically plains and plains of corn and wheat