Dynamic Call Forwarding App

Hey all,

Looonngg time lurker, first time poster. Always been too much of a dummy to do anything L1 related, but now have a phone software need that I hope someone can help me with.

For my work, my team has a rotating on-call schedule such that for any given week calling the pre-designated phone number reaches the person that is on-call. We currently use Google Voice as the contact number, and all of our personal numbers are entered into that account. Once a week, whoever is on-call logs into the Google Voice account and turns on call forwarding to their personal number, and turns it off for the previous week’s number. Lately Google has been giving us a lot of security issues (as you might imagine), and has forced me to become the “master” account person, just to continually approve people logging into the account. What I would like is a more robust system that will allow for better continuity in the event I get hit by a bus, or Google figures it out.

What I don’t need is any other features. No “A.I.” assistant, no automated transcriptions, no analytics, etc. Strictly speaking I don’t even need it to have a real phone number, just a spoof number that will forward to whom we choose. I also can’t have any call minutes restrictions. Basically, all I need is an inverse of the Burner app.

I am having a hell of a time finding a better solution than our workaround with Google Voice. Most of the viable solutions I have found are simply features baked into some larger business software that I don’t need, don’t want to manage, and don’t want to pay for. Does anyone know of a software solution that would work?

Thanks,