Dual SLI GTX 770 setup?

I realize that the new 9 series Nvidia cards have been released, however, I have an EVGA GTX 770 that I got last year, and was wondering if it would be worthwhile for me to grab another on the cheap from eBay, in order to have a dual GTX 770 SLI config.

I have a GTX 770 and a GTX 570 (570 is a dedicated PhysX card) in my system right now, so I am confident that my power supply can support the load of an additional 770, as the 570 has similar power requirements (I have stress tested my system just to be sure)

My processor is an AMD FX-8350 overclocked to 4.4Ghz.  I have a Fractal Arc Midi R2 with plenty of airflow/ ventilation, so heat is not an issue.

I should also mention that I am a 1080P gamer.  I have neither the desire nor the funds to upgrade to a 1440P or 4K display.  I want to ensure however, that 2GB of VRAM is adequate for 1080P gaming for the next few years.  I like to run my games at maxed out or almost maxed out settings, I am not super picky about my frame rate as long as it is in the 40 to 50+ FPS range.

Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated, while the new GTX 970 appears to be a fantastic card, I don't want to ditch my only one year old 770 quite yet.  The only reason I want some more graphics horsepower, is so that I power through poorly optimized games like Assassins Creed and such, and get much more longevity out of my pre-existing 770 (I am the type who likes to use things until they are hopelessly obsolete).  It's funny how I can nearly max games with far better graphics (like Metro Last Light for example) and still get better frame rates than AC4 or WatchDogs at medium settings!

I'd personally keep the 770 until you have the money to upgrade to a better card later on in a 1 or 2 years when the next series comes out. I just last week upgraded from a 580 to a 980. My 580 was running most games at over 60 on decent settings. Upgrading every single generation is just silly.