Dual CPU server RAM ranks question

Hi Guys,
I have a home server that is based on the Supermicro X9DRD-EF. It’s a great mobo, but mine has a problem - it is physically damaged and only 8 out of 16 RAM slots are working, 4 for each CPU (so no quad channel memory for me), you can see on the picture which ones are not working. Right now, I have one Xeon E5-2680v2 installed with 64 GB of ram, 4 x 16GB DDR3 4Rx4 PC3L-8500R modules. And according to Supermicro’s X9 mobo memory guide there can only be 8 Ranks per channel.
The question is: I am getting another Xeon E5-2680v2 soon and there is a guy selling 2Rx4 16 GB modules for super cheap. How should I combine the dual and quad rank modules? Should I leave all the quad sticks on one socket and dual on the other?
Or should I populate them 4R+2R per channel across both sockets? Or should I even do that, may be getting another 4 sticks of 4R is the best option.
I am leaning to the second option but all I would appreciate the advice.

Hey, Looks like there is an option set in the manual below.

https://www.manualshelf.com/manual/supermicro/x9drd-ef/quick-reference-1-0.html

Ah… Looks like the recommended channels are the ones that you say are not working. Give them a try on the the opposing slots it might just work :-/