Dual boot Windows 8.1 OEM and Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS with full disk encryption (encrypted LVM) while UEFI and Secure Boot are enabled

Goal

So, here's what I want to do:

I want to install Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2 LTS with Full Disk Encryption (encrypted LVM) on a notebook computer that already has an OEM installation of Windows 8.1, with the following requirements/parameters:

• UEFI and Secure Boot HAVE to be enabled because reasons.

• No virtualbox, no vmware, no qemu or whatever. It's bare metal or nothing.

• The computer only has one hard drive. No SSDs, no external storage. Everything should get along together on a single hard drive.

This is the link to the particular installer that I'm using: ubuntu-gnome-14.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

Progress so far

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this? Success?

So far, I have only been able to install Ubuntu alongside Windows without full disk encryption using the "Install alongside Windows" option in the ubuntu-installer.

Some context:

One of the other two options, "Erase disk and install Ubuntu", is unacceptable for my use case because I still need to retain Windows. A shame because this options allows you have encrypted LVM.

I played around with the third "Something else" option. /dev/sda1 through /dev/sda6 was already populated with Windows stuff, so I did the following:

1. created an Ext2 /dev/sda7 with mouth point /boot.
  2. created /dev/sda8 as the encrypted partition which resulted in the sda8_crypt device
  3. created an Ext4 sda8_crypt1 under sda8_crypt with mount piont /
  4. created sda8_crypt2 under sda8_crypt as the swap partition

Clicking on the Install now button caused ubuntu-installer to basically just loop back to the beginning of the wizard.

Anyway, I think the missing ingredient here is the LVM part, but the ubuntu-installer included in ubuntu-gnome-14.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso doesn't seem to include the option of creating LVMs manually (under "Something else")

I'll be glad to hear from anyone who has any experience with doing this or is facing the same problem.