DreamHack Austin (US) - Tickets on Sale 9/15/15 - BYOC $70 (earlybird) - who's going?

Teaser for DreamHack North America has been launched.

The event announcement will be tomorrow 7/8.

EDIT: Disclaimer: headphone users beware - if you go to dreamhacknorthamerica.com you will be greeted with an auto-playing, full-volume youtube video that has no volume controls. Iā€™d recommend just watching the teaser on the youtube link above :slight_smile:

worth checking out? or will it just be a fuzzy shadow of the real one

No idea. Perhaps we'll be able to gauge this a little better tomorrow - assuming that the announcement gives us some good details. It has some potential to be awesome though.

where is it?

Dont know yet. As I understand, the official announcement is tomorrow, so I think we should get more info then.

Hopefully that means an NA CS:GO major along with it!

Figured I would update this now that details have been announced.

When: 5/6/16 - 5/8/16 (May 6 - 8th 2016)
Tickets are available on 9/15/15

http://dreamhackaustin.com/

@wendell, @Logan, @DeusQain any plans on covering the event (first ever DreamHack outside Europe)? You could attend the LAN and check out the expo and indie games stuff perhaps.

2 Likes

If the Teksyndicate crew and enough forum members are going I'll try to get down there.

1 Like

I'd love to go as well. I'll even be back on the mainland so I'll be close. If only I could use some vacation days that soon after staring :'(

Heavily interested in going to this, really going to depend on how much tickets are and how many of the Tek Syndicate members attend. I live in Dallas, so it's not a terrible drive down to Austin TX.

Same here. We need to get a headcount of who all is interested.

maybe... depends on whether you or jacob are going...

tickets are like $150...

google's saying it's an extra 6 hours to austin from dallas... somehow, i doubt that...

For the event itself? Where'd you find that?

that's waht i've heard... byoc tickets are liek $150, supposedly. mostly form various sources on reddit...

Just curious - how much were the tickets for QuakeCon?

$50 for regular byoc

Damn. Well I guess we'll see on 9/15.

yeah, i'll have enough by then