Double KVM

Can you double up on KVMs, so have one KVM go to another, so you could have different monitors in different places. Let’s say computers are in room 1 and there are a monitor and keyboard in both room 1 and room 2. How do you switch it to work on either one depending on what setup you are using.

Either with like a 4x4 and changing some firmware or two 2x2 2x2 only concern I see with 2 kvms is how do i switch inputs if one of the monitors and keyboards are in a different room Also I’m not sure if it’s possible to invert the functionaility to have it go to setups instead of 2 computers. won’t the hot keys change all of them a the same time making it do

The solution might be a KM and a Displayport Switch stacked with a KVM but just wondering if there is anything

1 Like

You just described a logic tree

WS1
  |
 KVM1      WS2
 /   \    /
You   KVM2
      /
  You2      Me
      \    /
       KVM3
         |
         Us

Just use a VNC bro

That’s not how the kvm is designed to work.

The kvm is designed to allow multiple machines tp be electronically connected and disconnected from a single keyboard mouse and display via software.

If you want to control more than 4 machines from a dingle head, that is possible, but not particularly easy to do. There, you run into signal quality degradation issues for displayport.

1 Like