Domain Administrator account breaks Windows search

I have an unusual problem that I cannot seem to figure out.

I work for a company who provides IT Support, one of our customers was bought out by another company. In this transition process a new domain was created to replace the old one.

If I log in to any pc that was once on the old domain using the domain administrator account for the new domain, it breaks the search (start, explorer, etc.) for all other domain user profiles on the pc.

If I go in and delete the profile for the domain administrator off of that pc, search starts working again. (search does work for the domain admin when logged in as that user)

The other strange thing is that if I bring a new pc in to the network thats never been on either domain and join it, the administrator account wont break search on it.

I felt like I rambled a lot… Any help is much appreciated.

I’m just reaching here since this is quite unusual, check the GP settings regarding Windows search for Domain Administrators group or anything related?

The thing is if we purchase a new pc and bring it in to the environment and join the domain, no problem.

It only affects pc’s that were once on the old domain.

It sounds to me like a GPO issue as well.

Is there anything in Default Domain Policy for Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search?

Perhaps even a GPO propagation issue on the old machines?

Check the local policies vs the domain?

Maybe even go back to workgroup on one of the machines and rejoin the domain?

Definitely goofy.

if memory serves me right creating a new domain will disable or delete the old ones user permission settings
but its been a while since ive worked on windows based network systems.