Does the KVM Support 1440p at 360Hz?

Hi everyone,

I’m using a ROG PA27AQN monitor, which runs at 1440p 360hz. I’m considering using it with the KVM, but I’d like to know whether the KVM can handle this combination of resolution and refresh rate.

While I’ve dug into the DisplayPort 1.4 specifications, I couldn’t conclusively determine if 1440p at 360Hz is a standard-supported resolution and refresh rate or if it’s achieved through some trick by the monitor manufacturer.
I’ve also searched the forum and have yet to find some information about this refresh rate.

Has anyone here had experience using the KVM with a similar setup? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Assuming you are using the DisplayPort KVM, it uses DP 1.4, which in vanilla form has the bandwidth to handle 4K 120Hz. You can use Display Stream Compression, which will allow higher refresh rates though I don’t know what the theoretical max is there. Your graphics card and monitor needs to support DSC.

2 Likes

You’ll for sure be using DSC. I honestly don’t know, I’ve never had a 1440p 360hz monitor to test with LOL

It would probably be ok, but you’d need nice fiber optic cabling.

1 Like