Does Level1Tech KVM support software to control port selection of KVM?

Software on other KVM I have used in the past had the option via command line utilities to set the port(s) selected on KVM. Does anyone know of any utility that would work with the Level1Tech KVM?
If not (hint to Wendall) - is this a firmware or hardware limitation?
I have two 4x2 Displayport/USB3 KVM that I would want to control via software where I would use command line scripting to do that control.
If this already exists - and I am just missing it - could it be added to the KVM wiki/FAQ page?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean to interface with the KVM from one of the connected computers? That would be difficult, as the script could probably only run from the one active (I think, dunno).

But if you have something like a Pi-KVM in front of it (or even just a normal keyboard, doesn’t matter), you can just send CTRL → CTRL → 1-4 and change the PC that way.

Do you mean that you have 2 KVMs connected to 4 PCs, or 2 KVMs connected to 8 PCs (with distinct kb and mice for the 2 kvms)? If the former, why not a single 4 monitor 4 PC KVM?

So, I have two KVM set up for multiple different computers with some doing dual and some sporting quad monitor hookups for a few computers.
In the old KVM I was using - it couild query what ports were active from any computer hooked up to it - cause it was serial. I would think the USB would be no different. I have written software for serial in the past - as I had been uising a serial controlled power control device - which I was using to automate power cycling computers for automated testing 20 years ago.
I just need to know if the usb firmware could be updated to add this switching support to the KVM itself to do the detection and switching internally.

Wendell would need to answer this. Also, AFAIK USB KVMs act like a keystroke repeater, but aren’t very smart, just smart enough to recognize some key combinations (like double CTRL) and do stuff when the right key combo is triggered (like CTRL CTRL 2 to switch to PC 2).