Does anyone still Bitcoin Mine?

im very interested in doing what your doing, what gpus are you doing?

asx long as you dont pay for your power, then go for it

Barnacules had a video of a bitcoin mining operation in canada a while back, they had him take it down, probably got downloaded and mirrored somewhere though

it's probably on it's way out overall until a better method of mining becomes available

@Giulianno_D
Didn't they all move to whatever that new thing was, elementirium mining or something

1 Like

post withdrawn wibble

1 Like

Prediction FTW!!!!!

Yeah it seems popular again, plenty of vids on youtube of people racking up 6 or so rx480s and mining ethereum.

Since the price hiked quite a bit over the last year and a bit, it is sort of profitable again. By profitable, as long as prices hold, the rig will pay for itself in 3+ months.

I don't know too much about it, but it seems unrealistic to mine a whole bitcoin by yourself. It would take me like 3 years solid to do that with two video cards.

Hard to say what is driving the hoke in bitcoin prices, probably the rush to buy it as crypto-locker insurance, money laundering, stuff like that.

I have been procrastinating for years about it, saying it will never be profitable. However, it's increase in value seems to offset the complexity somewhat, so as long as its worth more to mine than it costs to mine, no harm in trying.