Does an amp with RCA input make sense on a pc?

If I get say a Bravo V2 amp and use a converter cable from RCA to jack will that impact the audio quality coming from the amp? If yes how much?

I don't get it... Why do you think, that this is a bad thing? I mean rca, jack or clean cable, it doesn't really matter that much, as long as the contact is good and the cable is OK...

but isnt RCA just signal, and the phono JACK is powered (for head phones n such)

Scuse me?

No dude, jack is just 1 connector for both left and right channel. Rca is separate connection for left or right channel...
Practically, the rca connection could be easily swapped with Jack or clean wire...

RCA is just the connector type as far as I know... That is why I don't really understand the question...

yeah, there's power running through it via the signal to power the little speakers in your headphones

i mean i guess it's possible

i dont get it op, it has both..

Well, you are not entirely wrong...
The speakers in the headphones don't really need power supply the way other electronic devices does. The sound signal itself powers the speakers.
Now the difference between wire clips, rca and Jack is purely visual. They all do the same thing with no difference what so ever. So it doesn't really matter which connector is going to be used.

My system at home is 5,1 surround, runs with three of those cables from the PC to the amp, and rca again from the amp to the speakers...

1 Like

powered speakers? sorry guess im not familiar with non-powered speakers with rca inputs

If I understand this right, powered speakers means, that the amplifier is integrated inside the speakers.
OK the English language confuses me...

This is speaker.

This is not. But the English language uses the word speaker for this thing to...
Now the speaker speaker don't need power supply to work. It just needs powerful enough signal.
The amplifier provides this powerful signal. If the amplifier is inside the box with the speakers, it's called powered. If the box is just box with speakers and no amplifier, then it is not powered...
The power does not really means power. It's just signal.

i see. i guess i've never encountered speakers that used RCA connection from the amp instead of just speaker wires.

No it's fine

Honestly, I am surprised, that rca is not even more widely spread... I mean it's way easier to use plug than just the wires and is way way easier to replace if there is an issue with the plug itself... But it's functionally identical to any other way of connecting wires...

I mean that the cable is plugged into my motherboard with jack and then goes to the amp. Just thought maybe because the audio would go through my motherboard the sound would be compromised by that but I guess not. Just thought about in the usb vs jack comparison. People say usb is better because its direct or something but so wanted to make sure.

what you posted is just an amplifier, the ones that use USB connection have a DAC(digital analog converter) chip so it processes the digital signal to speakers/headphones. using the jack on your computer you are using the DAC on your motherboard's sound chip.

DAC - digital to analog converter.
Every conversion of signal leads to loss of quality... In the modern sound systems, the conversion quality loss is not even noticeable.
People say USB is better, because USB send digital signal and the separate DAC converts it, and usually non integrated dacs lead to lower quality loss. But we are talking the difference between magnolia white and barista white. There is a difference, but I'll be buggered, if I can notice it without someone pointing it to me...

This was exactly what I wanted to be cleared up. Thank you.