Doctors Surgery Phone tech

So today I had quite the experience

Pretext, probably skipable: So I had an ear infection in my left ear, it got seen in person. after it healed it must have been in the process as the infection went to right ear. They did look at the left ear in person, not the right ear. /PRETEXT

So today my ear right ear is swollen shut, I am worried it might be an abscess or a bone infection.

• I rang immediately at 8:30am when they open, we have had storms, so I rang, and rang, and rang, a doctors surgery. I rang until 11am at which point I was done with them. The phone actually rang, every time, except when someone else was trying to ring. They never answered.

So i found out later their power was out

• Doctors surgery should have generator back up.
  • They claim the phone never rang#

Which means their phone is powered but the modem is powered from the phone line, this is negligence is having a system that require power but has no backup for the only like in and out. So the phone “rings” but never rings on the user end. This is a doctors surgery where emergencies are a thing.

Q: Did they have an emergency out of hours number?

A: Yes! It was turned off…

I am sorry thi sis a lot of a RANT and the story goes SOOOOOOOO MUCH DEEPER THAN THIS, 3 gps turned me away, so much for Do no harm and none had any advice that would be immediately useable.

Later this saem day the receptionist call ed back and was very angry at my protestations over the state of their phone systems

I know copper line almost never fail, she protested other wise
I pointed out why this why as problem, she protested
I got on to the doctor and apoligised as I was nasty about it with my knowledge of how the systems should work, but she had a serious oh shit moment when i described some of the lengths I went to. That was not the half of it…

I am furious.

sorry

I have an appointment tomorrow where I will lay out the many whys their phone system is unfit for purpose, especially in an emergency situation.

furious

You’d think they’d at least have it roll over to some mailbox they could check periodically.

2 Likes

nope not even voicemail

No emergency back generator
no back up emergency number
No ackwnoledgement that their systems failure may have caused SERIOUS HARM by way of negligence.

If they did this, it would open them to litigation because anyone can make that claim. It is unfortunate, but this is why so many people got to the emergency room for things that can be taken care of at the clinics or the primary care physician. My wife is an ER nurse and sees this all the time of people crowding the ER because, 1.) people do not know how to self medicate and use best jusdgement, and 2.) They were told that they can go to the ER if they did not want to wait for the clinic/office to open. → Result, a lot of people over pay for Asprin and Tylenol.

In your case, if you do not have established care with this office, then it is in their financial interest to blow you off.

I am sorry that you experienced this and I hope that you are able to get the care that you need. A lot of offices and practices have forgotten to uphold the oath that they took when they became doctors.

1 Like

I do, I am their registered patient.

I get the rest of what you are saying and I am not the type to do that. I will follow the rules till it causes me to be in such bad shape physically the other intervene and demand I skip a step

You definitely have to look out for your best interest because no one else will.

Most of us are not, but it only takes a few bad apples and here we are. I wish people would get their heads out of their butts and take more responsibility for their actions and think of the effects their actions have on others. Especially when it comes to health care and things that affect the greater good.

Get well soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.