Do you recognize this icon [SOLVED] probably a Wacom thing

Windows 10. This icon intermittently flashes in my taskbar, but it’s fast enough that I can’t figure out what it is.

Recorded a video with my phone, and got this frame:

Does that look familiar to anybody? That almost looks like a battery, but this is a desktop.

EDIT: for context of the behavior

What does it say when you hover the mouse over that systray icon ?

Windows should show you a name you can then do a google search for.

1 Like

The icon in the picture flashes for a few ms every few seconds, I’m not anywhere close to fast enough to click on it.

maybe your computer thinks its a laptop for a few seconds and hide it. Power related issue?

1 Like

I did install a new ups recently. If that somehow caused this. . .

Does it come up at startup? check your startup applications for something you don’t recognize

1 Like

Did you connect the USB of the UPS into windows and install its software?

1 Like

I did not, that’s why I was so confused.

It was one of these three processes:

I haven’t used my Wacom tablet in months, my guess is the wireless remote is just barely in range and the battery is low.

Thanks everyone!

Ah well, try unplugging those.

Honestly both products are now equally shady. To think that I would have used a Wacom Tablet before…

1 Like

The fun part is the tablet and accessories have been unplugged for months and are in another room :eyes::ghost:

It could be some of their latent software checking out if their associated device is connected, which would make sense because they also have power.

Do you still have them installed?

The wacom software is still installed, yeah. I compulsively hook it back up every month or two, though with this behavior it is probably worth it to uninstall.

1 Like