Do you need to patch an rx 580 8gb 2048sp for gaming?

So I’m putting together an Aliexpress sub $500 low end gaming PC to flip online, I got the above mentioned rx 580 8gb 2048sp in the mail today, with an odd sticker telling me to install the AMD drivers and then go to https://atimdag-patcher.se and download and run the associated program to be able to play games. Is this a safe/ legitimate site, and has anyone needed to patch this card? This seems like a good way to spread malware.

I don’t think I would be inclined to download it, just try the standard drivers.

If it was malware, seems a bit… Atributable/traceable/blameable?

On the other hand, the card could be mining stock? So might need fresh/stock firmware restoring?
/s

Standard drivers should still work… Worst case scenario, may identify as an RX570

Yeah that’s what I assumed, and I wanted to double check with you guys first, it just seemed odd to leave a note. I know that it IS used mining stock, That’s why I bought it. It was cheap.

1 Like

They may want you to install a gaming bios since it probably has a mining bios which lowers core clock and jacks up memory clock

That being said, I’m not gonna click that link,

Back up current bios and flash something compatible off tech power up’s bios collection

4 Likes