Do the Level1Techs KVMs work with optical DisplayPort cables?

Hi! I have an LG 38GN950 which is 3840x1600 at 120-144Hz and 10-bit color (I run it at 10-bit in SDR and HDR). I also have a standing desk and a 3-port Level1Techs DP1.4 KVM.

For whatever reason, I’ve been noticing little white specks on my screen recently. I’ve seen this in VR before when using non-optical DP extensions, so I’m assuming that’s the case here too.

I have a standing desk and used to use 10’ DP1.4 cables no problem, but with the KVM, I bought all new cables.

I’m now using a 6’ cable from my PC and a 3’ cable to the monitor. If I could get a smaller 5’ cable from my PC and a 1.5’ cable to the monitor, I’d use those instead.

The cables I got are KabelDirekt. They’re the best I’ve used thus far. I recently purchased Club3D cables but got tons of flickering rainbow lines when I did, so I’m returning those.

I’m wondering if I could use an optical cable instead. Not sure how those work with the KVM nor if I can go from PC to KVM using optical and KVM to monitor using copper. My goal is to remove the white specks. I notice them in SDR, but not as much; although, they’re more prevalent in HDR probably because the backlight is brighter.

Fibbr brand has been tested to work well.

Their 1 meter cables are… Odd. Don’t use those, though.