Display Resolutions

So it's almost 3am here and i got bored and made this. This should give you guys who don't realise how BIG 4K is an idea of how it compares to some modern standards.

I am up extremely late let me know if you see any typos.

Do you know what pisses me off about "4K"

First off, all previous standards used the height as shortname (1920 x 1080 = 1080p).

Second, 4k isn't even 4000 pixels wide. Just call it 2160p, or if you really like the "k" suffix, 2k (since it is at least 2000 pixels tall), but please don't, then that would justify calling 1080p (1)k. You know what? Scratch that, just call it 2160p. There shall be no more "k" suffixes, unless the resolution is overclockable. :P

What pisses me off most about 4k is that it's $1 per horizontal pixel...

Yeah... totally cost that much to create.

I don't see any point in discussing those 4K (and this name annoys me too) monitors, not until they become mainstream. And at this point even 1440p are not. 

Maybe in 10 years I'll be getting a 32" 2160p (BTW, it's only 140 PPI) monitor but I'm sticking with 1080p for now. 

I couldn't agree with you more...

If i could afford them, i'd get four and put them in surround. No graphics card has the memory to run all of them, but who cares?

cinima 4K is 4096x2160

cinima 2K is 2048x1080

I think standard 1080p is much closer to 2K rather 1K than you think.

Using height standard, 1080p would be 1k. But if we're going to use width, 1920p is closer to 2k, but still not quite. If you're wondering what 1920p is, you now know how I feel about 4k/2k BS. It's dead to me. Cinema 4k, or any 4k resolution for that matter, is 2160p. K suffixes are for OCing only, and there is no good reason to start using width instead of height, especially on widescreen ratios. And the fact that cinema is using 17:9 ratio is a whole separate rant. We should really bring back the 16:10 ratio.

I hate marketing ass-hats; using width because it's the bigger number...

did i hit a nerveor something?

A little bit. :P I have no idea why I'm so worked up about it. Nothing serious, but still bugs me.

There shall be no more "k" suffixes, unless the resolution is overclockable.

i support this fully 

16:10 as a ratio pisses me of, it should be 8:5