Discord crashing PC with Manjaro ACS Kernel

I started using an acs patch of the manjaro kernel from the aur (here) to fix the iommu groups for my system. Something that is strange that I have noticed with this Kernel is that when using discord, whether streaming or watching a stream, or simply having discord open. Appears to crash my pc. I’m not even entirely sure if it is discord but that is a pattern that I have noticed.
What will happen is everything will come to halt in a domino-like effect. First my desktop will freeze, then my mouse, then my audio will stop.
I have looked at logs anywhere I could find, and there hasn’t appeared to be anything super alarming, everything just stops.

Has anyone else using this same Kernel had similar issues? Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you.

It is pretty much what the maintainer of the package wrote you in the comments. It is as far as I can see the Manjaro kernel with the patch applied. I have not checked if this package can build from unstable versions of the kernel that could maybe exist on Manjaro’s Gitlab, but apart from that I think it is either something with the Patch itself or with your hardware not playing nice. I however do not know if there is anyone maintaining the ACS patch or where it originally came from. This is what I can see, giving it a quick look.

1 Like

Thank you.