Direct x error crash is fixed post is from 6 months ago ram was the problem not related to other post

So gonna list the things I tried so far I used DDU to uninstall the nvidia driver changed the slot of the gpu to the second slot on my mobo changed my ram sticks both of them to a other slot, updated my mobo bios changed the ram speed to 2400mhz speed cpu is at 3,8ghz default clock and if I put the cpu to 3,7ghz it’s still crashing.

I have this problem since September 2017 but it got worse since the last 3 months back in September it was maybe 2 times a week or 4 times now it is crashing daily

in nearly every game I play I rolled back to a very old nvidia driver and thought it would fix it like it’s usally is with older drivers work better the most time atleast for me
but this time it is not working for me still crash and these error messages *device removed * I made some screenshots of these errors can be seen below :confused:

pc config

• 1700x ryzen

• CMU16GX4M2C3000C15 16gb corsair 3000mhz ram not ideal for ryzen I know ^^ should have bought gskill trident z with samsung memory b-die maybe gonna buy that some time

• asus x370f

• 980ti (hybrid cooled) all in one liquid cooler

• crash%20(2)

HELP!

Not the easiest thing to check, but does the card work fine in a different motherboard (i.e. a friend or family members PC?
If rolling back the driver didn’t work, might be a faulty card, and sounds like the warranty is over, so might be a tough problem in todays market

1 Like

with a benchmark like heaven or 3d mark firestrike I don’t get these errors only in games so card is probably fine I guess :smiley:

It seems to me like you’ve done just about everything to narrow down the issue except power. Got another PSU laying around you can try? The other thing I would try is reflashing the BIOS on the card if possible.

1 Like

my psu is 2 years old now it is a seasonic and If I can OC and play games and the games aren’t crashing it is not the psu I guess :smiley: I can’t flash a bios on the card it is a founders editon evga 980ti with the basic bios that came with it :smiley:

If I turn of shadowplay/geforce exp. my games are not crashing atm far cry5 and wildlands atleast .

new error

turned out it was my ram it’s working but ryzen cpu doesn’t like it got some trident z for amd certified one no crashes like this anymore