Did AMD Pull a Rabit Out of its Hat?

The Core i7 980X was out before the first AMD hex, although the first AMD hex cores were a lot more available and mainsteam.

seriously now i want evidence

my bad poste deleted ;)

no prob, had edit it twice anyway I left some words out.

I have a 2600k that is 4 cores 8 threads and as of today no game makes use of more than 2-4 threads but it helps in video editing where it can use all 8 threads but I would like to see games like crysis 3 max out my cpu load on all 8 threads!

if consoles go true multicore with physical core who's to say say all new releases will opitimized for true multicore cpu's , when I say true multicores I mean physical ones.

I dont think that all new releasses will be made for 8 cores. but i think that all the new games that are released on both pc and consoles will be made for 8 cores. so almost all but indie games and pc only

1.6 at the cores? Can someone explain to me why that's really low? like, I'm seriously wondering

heat and power, they probably dont have the room for a large enough cooler for something like 4Ghz and 4ghz on 8 cores would also takle more power whiich means a bigger internal power supply again boosting the tempature and size of the system.

I'm starting to think that the OS will be a variant of Windows 8. There will a lot of multi-tasking with Kinect 2.0. But, I'd rather have a quad-core CPU with a 3.2 GHz speed per core instead of a octo-core with 1.6 GHz per core.