I randomnewbie , late to the party, will participate in the 2k18 Devember challenge. My project goal is to learn more about baremetal programming with C++.
I promise that from today on forward I shall program at least an hour a day everyday until the end of the current Year. I will write daily devlogs and make my Code publicly available. I will keep my promise no matter what!
Some further Information:
The hardware in use is a ST-Nucleo-H743ZI board. The software in use is Visual Studio Code for the IDE openOCD for flashing and debugging, as well as an arm-none-eabi-gcc. My goal is to be able to get a basic network analyzer or maybe component tester up and running, as well as diving deeper into the whole embedded world.
I’ll release my code as I go. Here is the link to the repository:
Also my first DevLog: Tue 4th of December.
Yesterday I successfully installed and setup my working environment. At the end of the session I could flash the onboard LED. Now onward to the challenging but interesting Part.
Today I dabbled into the analog peripheral part of the HAL library and duplicated a signal from an ADC to a DAC (verification shall follow this evening or tomorrow morning).
DevLog: Wed 5th of December
Not so much coding as actually reading the Documentation, but I’ll still count it. Next up are A/D D/A Conversions with DMA.
DevLog: Thu 6th of December
I got a lovely *cough* crooked sinewave output. Also more reading so can hopefully get some more speed into this.
DevLog: Fri 7th of December
Sadly I still can’t figure out this HAL. But I’ll invest tomorrow, this was a busy weak with an uni assignment.
DevLog: Sat 8th of December
Just being stuck on the DAC through DMA.
DevLog: Sun 9th of December
Further rummaging through manuals and code, did write some stuff for direct register access in hope that it either works or uncovers where I am misunderstanding the darn thing.
DevLog: Mon 10th of December
Still no concrete results in the DMA/DAC thing but I think I found another to do get sinusoidal waves, straight from the clock module, so I investigated today. I also got the hint to update my CubeMX version, which I’ll do tomorrow.
DevLog: Tue 11th of December
Today I toyed around with parts of the RCC module in an effort to maybe generate waveforms that way, turns out you can modify plls dynamically without much hassle (at least some, have not tested all) so this might come in very useful.
DevLog: Wed 12th of December
Today I invested more time into my Debugging setup and added the SVD file (peripheral register information). I feel like starting to get the hang of it.
DevLog: Thur 13th of December
I got rid of most of the HAL code and had some minor success with direct register access.
DevLog: Fie 14th of December
Tracking down issues with using multiple modules (timer dac dma) in conjunction.
DevLog: Sat 15th of December
The tediousness knows no end. But I started writing some classes.
DevLog: Sun 16th of December
I spent my time researching a little c++ and how I may implement the stuff that i want in a clever manner.
DevLog: Mon 17th of December