Devember 2022 - Lively lo-fi wallpaper

Hi,

My friend has this amazing open source version of the famous Wallpaper engine. Recently he showed me an audio visualizer demo from here. While I was listening to some lofi beats I felt like trying a wallpaper version of the lofi girl.

I don’t have much experience with coding (reason why I flunked the last devember project), so I hope I can finish this properly and surprise my friend.

Plan (aka Phase 1) :
A simple pastel pallet background, and a tiny desk + window on lower right third of the wallpaper. On the top left third, a clock(HH:MM).
The clock works with flipbook style animation.
When user starts song, the the lofi girl flips into the wallpaper.
When user stops the song, the lofi girl flips off the wallpaper.

Loftier Plan (aka Phase 2) : More animation and a visualizer

(will update with few images)

1 Like

Just installed it and it seems pretty nice, and saves me from paying for Wallpaper Engine once again, as lost my old steam account.

1 Like

It’s amazing how technology allows us to bring our creative ideas to life, even if we don’t have much coding experience. Don’t worry about the past; every attempt is a step toward improvement. I recently stumbled upon a website at https://www.wаllpaperbison.com/anonymous-technology-wallpapers/, and it has a fantastic collection of high-quality wallpapers. You might find some inspiration or even ready-made backgrounds for your lo-fi wallpaper project, especially for phase 1 and phase 2.Keep pushing your creative boundaries, and I’m sure your friend will be amazed by your work. It’s all about the journey and the learning experience.