[Devember 2021] 12 Plugins of Christmas (TrueNAS Core Plugins)

My Devember project is to create 12 TrueNAS Core Plugins. For the betterment of all TrueNAS Core users.

List of Plugins and there states.

Plugin Number 1

BTFS plugin is for BitTorrent File System. It is a next-generation file-sharing protocol utilizing the TRON network and the BitTorrent ecosystem. Current mainstream public blockchain platforms focus on computational tasks but lack cost-effective, scalable, and high-performance file storage and sharing solutions.

btfs had issues with the go-btfs in FreeBSD packages and had to build my own version using an older version of go. Runs but I can’t get past Validating? I don’t know if it is my problem or a BTFS network problem.

Plugin Number 2

code-server plugin lets you Run VS Code on any machine anywhere and access it in the browser.

code-server has no issues but has not been fully tested and is not available in FreeBSD ports or packages. But that will change soon thanks to rob4226 on GitHub - rob4226/code-server-freebsd-port: FreeBSD port for cdr/code-server - Run VS Code on any machine anywhere and access it in the browser

Plugin Number 3

CouchPotato plugin is an automatic NZB and torrent downloader.

couchpotato has no issues other then me learning that it is an abandoned project after I created the plugin.

Plugin Number 4

Drupal 7 plugin I create the Drupal 8 plugin for TrueNAS Core some years ago and so making this plugin was easy.

drupal7 has no issues, fully working.

Plugin Number 5

Drupal 8 plugin this was the first and only plugin that I create and sumbit it to ix-plugin-hub over 2 years ago. I am just updating base on the knowledge gained from make the drupal 7 and 9 plugins.

drupal8 has no issues, fully working.

Plugin Number 6

Drupal 9 plugin this is the future of drupal and I create the drupal8 plugin so it was natural to create the drupal9 plugin.

drupal9 has no issues, fully working.

Plugin Number 7

FreePBX15 plugin a WebGUI for Asterisk PBX. This was the first plugin I worked on after drupal8 but I never had time to fully test it. Getting FreePBX running on FreeBSD was not ease and I don’t feel confident that I got the install right so I never submit it to ix-plugin-hub.

freepbx15 has no issues that I know of but has not been fully test or really used.

Plugin Number 8

FusionPBX plugin a WebGUI for FreeSwitch PBX. When I was try to get FreePBX to work on FreeBSD I found this alternative. I have more experance with Asterisk and FreePBX so test it has been a pain.

fusionpbx I have been unable to record an IVR message.

Plugin Number 9

Jellyfin plugin is a Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. I do not like the licensing of Plex and when Emby change to a proprietary license I was disappointed until I learned about its open source fork Jellyfin. Jellyfin switch from mono to dotNet core right after forking and FreeBSD support for dotNet core is poor.

jellyfin is working, I have not found any problems. It is not available in FreeBSD ports or packages. But thanks to the work of Thefrank on GitHub - Thefrank/jellyfin-server-freebsd: jellyfin-server component for freebsd

Plugin Number 10

Ombi plugin is your friendly media request tool, automatically syncs with your media servers!

ombi is working, I have not found any problems. It is not available in FreeBSD ports or packages. But thanks to the work of Thefrank on GitHub - Thefrank/freebsd-port-sooners: FreeBSD ports-built binary packages

Plugin Number 11

OpenHab plugin is a vendor and technology agnostic open source automation software for your home.

openhab has no issues, but I don’t have any IOT hardware to test it with.

Plugin Number 12

Open Meetings plugin provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools.

openmeetings is working and but I have not test a video and audio meeting.

Plugin Number 13

Prowlarr plugin is an indexer manager/proxy built on the popular *arr .net/reactjs base stack to integrate with your various PVR apps.

prowlarr has no issues and is thinks to Thefrank GitHub - Thefrank/freebsd-port-sooners: FreeBSD ports-built binary packages

Plugin Number 14

TeamSpeak 3 Server plugin is a server for you team speak friends to join.

teamspeak3server has no issues. I had to build my own package as there was no FreeBSD package but a port exists.

Nice, and 2 bonus plugins too, I am sure other will find these useful, and some of them (eg OpenHab plugin) will get more testing over time.

1. does the prowlrr plugin also work with preact (lite js dropin) ?

2. does the code-server in that plugin have a fixed location? I see lots of attempts to locate .vscode/sftp.json on my firewall server.

Thanks for the project

Paul