Devember 2019 Discussions

I had 4 shots of espresso in my coffee this morning :crazy_face:

@SIGSEGV I withdraw from the devember. Got a new job and can’t focus on software at all.
Sorry about that.

I may write a post on how I am currently setting up my SCCM lab tho

2 Likes

Congrats. Hopefully a good one.

shit lol. Im not sure how I screwed this line up. Major brainfart after 1.5 hours tonight lol

edit: Never mind I think I forgot the env parameter at the top of the script :joy:. Yay me

Do you have your shebang at the top for executing? ( #!/usr/bin/env python )

What happens if you run it the first way but with parameters? (python NCRT.py -t localhost -p 9999)

thats exactly what it was. Im such a C/inline assembly programmer. I totally forgot im writing a script :joy: … the struggles of going from low to high level xD

1 Like

Yep, almost every time I go back to python to write something, this is the first issue that wastes 30-60 minutes. Getting better at catching it now. :smiley:

1 Like

I have been lazy on my blogging because of Master Chief Collection :sob: :bowing_man:

my blogging is about to get interrupted by me installing :arch: :sob:

I’m lagging behind… Hopefully I will be able to catch up the next few days…
The way I look at it it’s not just me who can’t quite keep up…

:arch: FTW

I have a new machine coming today.

So today’s blogging will probably be me assembling and testing my new machine

2 Likes

Honestly I really am liking the flow on arch and how I take what I need and not more. Makes it easier to audit

New machines good. Where’s the blog?

4 Likes

That is one awesome build. 100% approve!

1 Like

Short update on my current situation…
I may have to travel away from my PC for the holidays, so I may stop my devember updates roughly around 21-st or 22-nd. Not entirely sure.
I have a bunch of plans in motion for around and after the holidays so we shall see, maybe I will skip half of the January as well.

I’m saying this, cause I may end up being away from the forum in that time.

1 Like

wish I had an idea and the courage to join

maybe next year (or not IDK)

best of luck to all of you!

2 Likes

It won’t hurt :stuck_out_tongue: Y U scared?

time, my dear friend

only time I have for realz is between 6 and 7:15 AM, so that would take a lot of effort, plus it would get me madly tired for the rest of the day

I know my way around java, c++ and nodejs, could push myself to do something with the help of the mighty duck, but would take too long and I’d be depressed by the 2/3 of the challenge

and I have no idea of what to do actually, I’m terrible at thinking about projects… but I think in november I made flappy bird with js, html and css… it’s something…

1 Like

Hey…
Well, I count this devember as a massive super fail. I have maybe 15 hours max in dev time. I have done basically nothing and on top of that I have to travel, I will be away from my PC so I won’t be able to make any progress this decade…
Don’t take that as in I’m giving up on the project, cause I am not, but I am making very slow work of it.
Fun fact, I worked on this project for about 3 months now and an experienced programmer can probably finish what I have done in a week or so… Hence the guy that made an entire 4X strategy before I was able to sort and transfer data between a couple one dimensional arrays. There’s more to it than that, obviously, but still I am super slow.

Anyways, the point of this post is to say I am done with Devember for a plethora of different reasons and honestly I am not satisfied with what I have done. Not satisfied at all…

Happy coding everyone :slight_smile:

Even failure can be a learning experience. Better job next time…

3 Likes