Dell PowerEdge T110 ii GPU solution found

hellooooooooooo

So does the 1060 6GB work without the mod? I have the Poweredge ES T110 II 1230
Thanks

Hi just curious as to what Riser Cable you mentioned as an alternative and where i can purchase one. Thanks

You need ECC Ram. Max 16GB. So 4X4

Guys, thank you for the suggestions. I also did it successfully with the Poweredge R220 II, with one x16 slot. First I have put compatible card (AMD RADEON HD 6350 PCI-E), connected VGA cable to it and go to the setup in BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics, exactly what you suggested: set it to ‘distributed’. After the saving configuration I have powered off the server and I have replace compatible card to Quadro T400 (with modified vBIOS, removed UEFI image from it). Woala… I have POST messages with quadro and server is booting … Thank you!

I have tried to use whitelisted radeon 4540 or nvia quadro (system boots on them no problem) but when I use any of them with the GTX 750 it will still not boot. I have made a groove in the pci x8 slot to fit in the starter GPU rather than in the card itself so I can place any other card in the x8 slot.
is there an IRQ I can change to force change of GPU lookup order in the POST ? I can only put gpu in the lower x8 slot since GTX occupies two slots (x16 and the x8 slot space above it)

please advise

Someone found the real root cause: It is some incompatibility with the graphic card’s BIOS. Luckily, it can be modified, google for “guide-remove-uefi-image-from-nvidia-vbios”.

Worked for me with a GT1030.

I am quite disappointed from Dell, to put it politely…